|We are so lazy, we do not want to do anything for ourselves.
—Swami VivekanandaImage source: Wikimedia Commons
In this article we'll make a collection of Swami Vivekananda's quotes on laziness.
The article was prepared by the writers from topwritingservice.com.
- Always evil comes out of laziness.[Source]
- Cut the bondage of all worldly affections; go beyond laziness and all care as to what becomes of you. Never turn back to see the result of what you have done.[Source]
- I do not want to have any connection with lazy, hard-hearted, cruel and selfish men.[Source]
- In every man there are these three forces. Sometimes Tamas prevails. We become lazy, we cannot move, we are inactive, bound down by certain ideas or by mere dullness. At other times activity prevails, and at still other times that calm balancing of both. Again, in different men, one of these forces is generally predominant. The characteristic of one man is inactivity, dullness and laziness; that of another, activity, power, manifestation of energy; and in still another we find the sweetness, calmness, and gentleness, which are due to the balancing of both action and inaction. So in all creation — in animals, plants, and men — we find the more or less typical manifestation of all these different forces.[Source]
- Laziness, meanness, and hypocrisy have covered the whole length and breadth of the country. Can an intelligent man look on all this and remain quiet? Does it not bring tears to the eyes?[Source]
- Lazy, useless, vulgar, jealous, cowardly, and quarrelsome, that is what we are, Bengalis. Anyone who wants to be my friend must give up these.[Source]
- Mental laziness makes us lose all lively interest in the subject.[Source]
- Off with laziness. Spread! Spread! Run like fire to all places.[Source]
- Sattva binds through the search for happiness and knowledge, Rajas binds through desire, Tamas binds through wrong perception and laziness. Conquer the two lower by Sattva, and then give up all to the Lord and be free.[Source]
- The calm man is not the man who is dull. You must not mistake Sattva for dullness or laziness. The calm man is the one who has control over the mind waves. Activity is the manifestation of inferior strength, calmness, of the superior.[Source]
- To be rich in our country has come to be synonymous with being the embodiment of laziness and dependence. One who has to walk being supported by another, or one who has to be fed by another, is doomed to be miserable—is a veritable in valid. He who eats cautiously only the finer coating of the Loochi, for fear that the whole will not agree with him, is already dead in life. Is he a man or a worm who cannot walk twenty miles at a stretch. Who can save one who invites illness and premature death of his own will?[Source]
- To fill the stomach with a large quantity of rice is the root of laziness.[Source]
- We are so lazy, we do not want to do anything for ourselves.[Source]
- We know how often in our lives through laziness and cowardice we give up the battle and try to hypnotise our minds into the belief that we are brave.[Source]
This page was last updated on: 1 January 2014, 3:57 pm IST (UTC+5:30 hours)
Number of revisions in this page: 1
Post a Comment