Advance like a hero.
Don't be thwarted by anything.
—Swami VivekanandaImage source: Wikimedia Commons
Note: In this article "Hero" means "someone distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength" and not "film actors".
- Advance like a hero. Don't be thwarted by anything.[Source]
- Be a hero. Always say, "I have no fear." Tell this to everybody --"Have no fear". Fear is death, fear is sin, fear is hell, fear is unrighteousness, fear is wrong life.[Source]
- Can anyone, my dear friend, have faith or resignation in the Lord, unless he himself is a hero?
- Defeat is the ornament the hero adorns himself with.[Source]
- Every fool may become a hero at one time or another. Watch a man do his most common actions; those are indeed the things which will tell you the real character of a great man. Great occasions rouse even the lowest of human beings to some kind of greatness, but he alone is the really great man whose character is great always, the same wherever he be.[Source]
- Every one has the power to judge of good end evil, but he is the hero who undaunted by the waves of Samsâra — which is full of errors, delusions, and miseries — with one hand wipes the tears, and with the other, unshaken, shows the path of deliverance.[Source]
- Heroes only enjoy the world.[Source]
- Is there anything difficult for the hero?[Source]
- It is the hero alone, not the coward, who has liberation within his easy reach.[Source]
- Let the world say what it chooses, I shall tread the path of duty -- know this to be the line of action for a hero.[Source]
- Mukti is easy of attainment only to the hero -- but not to cowards.[Source]
- One hero conquers the whole world.[Source]
- Our heroes must be spiritual.[Source]
- Shake off this weakness, this faintheartedness! क्लैब्यं मा स्म गमः पार्थ। — Thou art a hero, a Vira; this is unbecoming of thee.[Source]
- Show your heroism; apply, according to circumstances.[Source]
- Stamping down such weakness of mind and heart, stand up, saying, "I am possessed of heroism -- i am possessed of a steady intellect -- i am a knower of Brahman, a man of illumination."[Source]
- The Mother's child shall be a hero, a Mahavira.[Source]
- To his enemies the householder must be a hero. Them he must resist. That is the duty of the householder. He must not sit down in a corner and weep, and talk nonsense about non-resistance. If he does not show himself a hero to his enemies he has not done his duty. And to his friends and relatives he must be as gentle as a lamb.[Source]
- Work on fearlessly — there is a hero![Source]
- Where in this country is that sturdy manliness, that spirit of heroism? Alas, nowhere. Often have I looked for that, and I found only one instance of it, and only one.[Source]
This page was last updated on: 14 January 2014, 2:02 am IST (UTC+5:30 hours)
Number of revisions in this page: 1